Thursday, October 17, 2013

Labuan Getaway

1.5 months ago, MAS was doing a promo. My sis knew dad wanted to visit his siblings, so she booked the whole family for a trip to Labuan, 4d3n. Everyone was excited by just imagining the seafood that we will be enjoying. Our family has a seafood business there by the way. #jumpingwithjoy

Did as much exercise as possible to fit all the calories and carbs that will be accomodating. XD
Tried hard to lose weight but seriously mom's cooking rocks. Sigh sigh sigh.

SO, basically the whole trip was about FOOD. We only had one meal with poultry, the rest were fish prawn squid and crabs. Can I get free supply to fish for my whole life? XD
Now let the pictures do the talking. Btw, not much pictures were taken, coz dad always discourages crazily-photo taking.



the meal was quite disappointing, except for the mars bar and spritzer

Since the whole family's travelling, we drove to KLIA and parked at its long term parking at the rate of RM44 per day @ minimum 4 days, then RM15 per subsequent day thereafter. Not a bad deal actually especially when the whole family is travelling. We drove a MPV, total travelling cost was approximately RM200.


We booked ourselve into Dorsett Labuan at a special rate because my cousin brother is a supplier to them. I've always been excited about staying into a hotel. When I was younger, I wished to blog about hotel stays and get sponsored for it. XD

half pool view reflecting the hotel lobby. # mirror effect





Fishes were unloaded (2nd pic, blue boat) right after arriving the port early in the morning. Eaters will then choose and que to pay, and that's how it is for everyday. 

this is the only food photo take in Labuan, because no one could resist waiting for another minute~

For dining, just walk down the street and look for Labuan Deep Sea Restaurant. It's my uncle's restaurant, they serve Malay cooking. Pick any fresh seafood and let them cook for you! See the prawn above? Grilled cheese tiger prawns, absolutely delicious! And the other prawn beside! And the fish! And the beef! Few more dishes were served then. Salivating~
Oh by the way, we had the best lobster salad ever. For some reason I didn't take any pic of it. Yiacks!!


Okay, lame I know. But dad has wanted to have badminton session with his brother. And uncle was kind enough to book us a court right after we landed. Headed to hotel, change and there, first activity in Labuan. I really enjoyed sweating! 

And swimming. 

My cousin sis owns a beauty house and hence while I visited her, I had a makeup crash course and facial session from her. So kind of her! She is such a caliber woman, having a great business all by her own. She is famous there for her service yo!

there she is, my pretty sis~
and my face swelling after facial

us cousins and niece&nephew
#greatfoodtoo #lookatthemessopps

mom&dad, 三伯&三伯娘

owh, mini size chivas
#souvenir for him

We didn't have much time to get those tax free chocs and alcohol. Bought them before heading dinner on our last night and was busy packing then. By the time we unpacked at home, some melted and hence we dumped everything into fridge, without pic. T___T


Since started baking, I started to consume sugar again. And result of having a chocolate loving family I started enjoying choc. So far, the only choc available locally and to my liking is Ferrero. And this Belgian choc was something me and my bro love when we were younger. Remember the seashell shape choc in box? It got banned or something years ago and so we stopped seeing each other until now. And I have to say, this is very nice! I wished I've bought more.


Well, there goes the trip to Labuan. If it wasn't for dad's siblings, non of us would have visited this place. It's faith that brings us there. Appreciate every single moment with family because they are the people who will be there unconditionally. 



Auf Wiedersehen
Ich Belle :)


No comments:

Post a Comment