Sunday, November 29, 2009

Chunky Fried Rice

Since I am back in KL,then I shall enjoy myself to the most. Today my parents and siblings went to a mega warehouse book sale. They wont be home till I don't know when. Decided to cook myself a nice breakfast. There hasn't much ingredients in the kitchen but enough for me to fried me-self a nice free-style fried rice. And I'll share the steps here. Off we go!! Woot!! (Derek, 2009)

Ingredients :
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • half a stick of carrot
  • 1 egg
  • 2 slices of luncheon meat
  • a bowl of cold rice
  • 3 spoonful of sunflower oil
  • salt (but I prefer soy sauce)
  • pepper
  • spring onion (to garnish)
Steps :
1) Cut carrot and luncheon meat into cubes and dice garlic. Set aside.

2) Heat wok/pan then add a spoonful of oil. Fry carrot cubes following with luncheon meat cubes till brown.


3) Remove the cubes from pan and set aside. Add oil and saute garlic then add in the cubes following with cold rice.

4) Stir in everything together and sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper, amount is up to personal taste.

5) Stir everything well, then dig a hole and add in oil to fry egg. Slightly beat egg with soy sauce then pour into the hole. =)

6) Mix everything and get ready to serve. Garnish the rice with spring onion and off we go to the dining table.





Tips :
  • Try substitute garlic with ginger,it's a totally awesome combination.
  • If preparing one or two portions, try using soy sauce instead of salt. For bigger portions, use both salt and soy sauce.
  • If rice is too dry, pour little water after step 4. But stir fast because rice will then become soft. If heated too long, it will turn sticky.
  • My attempt this time is a bit crunchy because have to snap some pix. And I can"t find my fav spring onion. Sob Sob. T.T

No comments:

Post a Comment